Thursday, November 17, 2011

Personal Learning Networks (PLNs)

Prior to October 1, 2011, my PLN consisted of my school email account.  I had no way of communicating with the stakeholders collectively.  I was limited to receiving individual questions and giving individual responses to parents, faculty, and students.  As of today, I have 3 ways of communicating with the community and my students; Twitter, Podcast, and Mrs. Simmons' Blogspot. 
I plan to continue using both my Twitter and Blogspot.  I would like to use Twitter in my classes allowing students to collaborate on various class related topics.  I also would like to use my Blog to announce to parents upcoming class topics, projects, and tests.  Parents will be able to post questions and responses on my blog.
I also will be encouraging my colleagues to do the same through a faculty presentation of the experiences that I have with my PLNs.  Many of my colleagues have class websites where they can communicate to the public, but the public can not communicate back to the teachers.  I will communicate how blogging, more than a class website, meets the needs of our school and the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment